Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mady

I don't brag about my kids too much. At least I don't think I do (don't bother correcting me if I'm wrong...I don't want to know). But it's time for me to brag a little about Mady.

Everyone who knows Mady will agree that she is an amazing young lady. She got her personal progress award today. She has received a lot of pressure from her leaders to get it done quickly, but Mady wanted to do it right.

The most amazing thing she did was to memorize The Living Christ. And the way she did it was uniquely Mady. She started by copying it onto 3x5 cards. Then she copied the entire thing onto paper to hang on her wall. It is color coded by paragraph. I love going into her room and seeing that wall. And I love listening to her recite it.


When the bishop interviewed her last Sunday, he was surprised that she chose that project, as many of the girls chose to plant a garden for their faith projects because it was easy. He asked her to recite part of it for him. Today when he called her up front (which wasn't hard since she was on the stand to give a talk), he mentioned that he didn't want to go into specifics, but she had completed a project that was very meaningful and impressed him as he heard her express what she learned. "It definitely helped her learn of Christ and become more like Him." He said he was "amazed and grateful" for her "good choices" and "Christlike values" and her "diligence".

Now, I know that those are kind words from a bishop, but what really matters to me is the amazing young woman growing right before my eyes. She has an incredible testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and is an excellent example for all who get to know her. She is beautiful both inside and out.

Phil and I were truly blessed when Heavenly Father chose to send this valiant spirit into our family.

(She did a great job on her talk in case you were wondering....Choice and Accountability was her topic. This was her third Sacrament Meeting talk, and she has written all three on her own with no help from her dad and mom. Which isn't really too surprising when you know Mady).

4 comments:

Mikki said...

Oh how I love Mady. I can't believe that my little Beehive got her Young Womanhood Recognition. What an amazing and thoughtful teenage girl! I can only pray that my girls can be that levelheaded as teenagers. :)

Love You Mady!

Lindsey said...

This made me cry! I'm so impressed that she chose that project - it really shows the kind of person she is. SUCH a sweet girl. Miss your family so much!

Lindsey

marci said...

Hooray hooray hooray! What an amazing girl! Can you fly back so we can do a big recogition night for her??? I still feel like she belongs to me! :)

I am so impressed with Mady! Tell her congratulations!

Emma said...

Congratulations Mady! What an amazing young woman you are. I hope Abby grows up to be like you.