Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Communication

I guess I am showing my age with this post, but oh well.

I am constantly amazed at how technology has changed us as a society. I love technology, don't get me wrong, but I think something needs to be done with the way we communicate. This texting and instant messaging. I think we have forgotten how to talk.

Now don't get me wrong I think those things are great, but when we use them as a first line of communication over actually talking I think we are seriously depriving ourselves.

I think kids today don't know how to spell. Parents and kids talk through text and emails more than they do face to face. It is really quite sad.

What I think is funny is it takes twice as long to type out a message then it would to call and talk to the person and it would be much more personable.

What have we become as a society when we talk more from pushing buttons than we do with using our mouths? I wonder what it will be like 10 years from now?

I know I am sounding like an old person.

Would someone turn the music down!

4 comments:

Not quite the Bradys said...

Can I get an AMEN!!!?

Kelly said...

I'll start leaving you messages on stone tablets.

Mikki said...

You are old! Okay so it complete drives me nuts. My little sister texts ALL THE TIME. ANNOYING!! Dinner, all night, while I am talking to her!! I hate it!

Alisha said...

I text because with my phone plan to call someone it cost .25 a minute. Texting is only .05. Plus, some people talk forever, I don't want to talk that long. I see the point though. Plus, messages are someone incomplete or the meaning gets misunderstood.