Sunday, February 6, 2011

Whoaaaaa!

I could not have been more surprised last week when the bishop called Phil and I in to his office. He released me from my callings as Bear den leader and relief society teacher, and called me as (wait for it, wait for it....)the first counselor in the young woman's program.

It's true. After nearly 21 years of being out of young womens, I am now back in the thick of it. I was excited but a little terrified!

Today it became official. Mady was a little surprised, but all the young women were so excited and supportive of the new presidency.
I have about 10 Mia Maids I think. I love the women I will be working with. Loving the girls will not be a problem for me, they are terrific girls. But learning the ropes and making it all work might be tricky and take a little longer.

For all of you ladies who have served there, I sure could use your advice, especially for fantastic activities. These girls need to be allowed to just have a great time together, so any great ideas you share will not be wasted!!! HELP!!!

2 comments:

Emma said...

Deb - you already have amazing ideas - I know you do. I'm so excited for you. Young Womens is such a fun place to serve! Plus you get a little extra time with that Mady before she's all growed up. Have fun.

The Modern Daisy said...

Haha how fun! I helped my yw president do an activity for her laurels a few weeks ago and it made me jealous of the leaders who get to spend so much time with the girls. Have fun with it!