Sunday, October 23, 2011

Primary Program

I have been to a lot of primary programs over the years. They are always entertaining. This year, our chorister allowed kids to do solos/duets for some of the verses of the songs. I was convinced she was mad. Nuts. Asking for trouble. Of course my two boys volunteered. I was leery, to say the least. I mean, last year Jackson wouldn't even go up front during the program. And this time he is going to sing a duet? Well, I have to admit it went off very well. I really enjoyed it. It was entertaining as usual, (one girl stopped during her solo, "Wait", but kept going when the music didn't stop....another boy rolled his eyes as he forgot half the words, then walked to the side and sang the chorus with his back to the congregation, etc) But who can sit and not feel the Spirit when you have 30 or 40 primary children jubilantly singing "Praise to the Man". Our chorister was fabulous. I have never heard these primary kids sing so well and so loud. And she gave them the confidence to be able to do their solos and duets. I know it's contraband, but I recorded Gabe and Jackson's song. I figured since Phil couldn't be here, he should have a chance to hear. Our video camera won't zoom any more than this, but it's more important to hear than see anyhow.
Sorry it is shaky. It was on my knee, and I was trying to keep it hidden :)

No comments: