Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Shell Collecting



The kids were out of school Monday for President's Day, and it was a beautiful sunny day. Deceitfully beautiful, as it turned out, cuz it was stinking COLD. Down by the shore, anyway, and that is precisely where we went.
We took the boys down to one of the beaches in Milford, about a 25 minute drive from our door. (Am I rubbing that in, oh, I'm sorry...)
There were literally thousands of shells for them to pick from. We weren't as prepared as we should have been, and didn't bring bags, but we did have one in the car. I just took pictures, and my hand was FREEZING! But it was beautiful. Here's a little taste of what I saw...

I love this one:

And this is my favorite:

2 comments:

The Modern Daisy said...

haha okay you got me back...i'm way jealous! that's so pretty! at least you can drive 25 minutes away and have no snow! way pretty pictures!

Eight for Eternity said...

What a great adventure for you and your family. Looks like we need to come and visit ;)