Friday, March 12, 2010

I Blinked

Really, I swear. That's all I did...blink. I closed my eyes for just a second. Not even a second really. I didn't take a nap. I wasn't even daydreaming. Just a blink.

So tell me, then. How did it happen?

How did we get from here:




to here?



In the blink of an eye.
Because seriously, I'm not even talking about all this:







It's just not fair. Where do I file my complaint? I am being dealt with unfairly.
I only got one little girl. Little. Not anymore. She's as tall as I am and still growing like a weed.
She's not allowed to grow up this fast. I'm not ready.

Mady turned 14 today. The first picture was taken the night she was born. The second picture was taken this afternoon. She is growing up to be such a beautiful young woman. She would make any mother proud, I'm just glad I get to call her mine. She is becoming everything I could have hoped for and is such a tremendous blessing in our home.

She is friendly, happy, helpful, caring, sensitive to others, and has an amazing testimony of the gospel. What else could I ask for?

Other than a few more blinks of this:



But since I know that won't happen, maybe time could slow down so that I can enjoy this a little longer:


(and no, it' not what you think. Those are IBC rootbeers.)

I wonder if I could ask for a redo? I did blink, after all. That's not too much to ask, is it?

7 comments:

The Modern Daisy said...

Happy Birthday Mady! We love you! I can't believe you are 14 either, but what an amazing girl you are. If Madison turns out half as good as you are I will consider it a success!

marci said...

Man, we miss our Mady! Happy Birthday!

Mikki said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks just from when you guys moved. I do miss Maddy!Thanks for posting all the cute photos Deb.

Happy Birthday Maddy!

Lindsey said...

These pictures are all so cute! Tell Mady I miss her so much! She really is a breath of fresh air.

Heidi said...

Maddy is truly such an incredible person! So sweet and beautiful! Happy Birthday to her and a tissue for you Debbie...I am dreading the day. Fun, fun pictures.

Chance's Mom said...

I have blinked as well and feel robbed at all the time that passed while my eyes were closed.
Happy Birthday Mady!

Emma said...

Mady -
You are such a beautiful young woman! Hope you had a great birthday! We miss you! I feel robbed too - shouldn't I be able to see my niece grow up? At least your mom shares with us through pics. Love you!

Em