Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Cookies

On Sunday I promised Jackson we could make cookies, especially since church was cancelled due to the snow. I made my pumpkin chocolate chip "pilgrim pies" (two cookies stuck together with homemade cream cheese frosting). Apparently, those weren't the cookies he wanted. He wanted to make sugar cookies "shapes with frosting". I received a new sugar cookie recipe from a friend (thanks Heidi!) but I didn't have enough sour cream.

We took some of the pumpkin cookies to our new neighbors, Doug and Marlene Fleisch. Doug showed up this morning with his tractor to plow our driveway and saved all four of my boys from HOURS of work. He was so kind and friendly, and promised Jake some yard work this spring and summer. We were just excited to meet some of our actual neighbors, and to know that they are friendly. We stopped by with the cookies Sunday evening and met Marlene. I am thankful again for good people as neighbors.

Anyhow, I wasn't off the hook with Jackson, so on Monday we bought some sour cream and I made sugar cookie dough. Phil bought some Christmas cookie cutters, because the only Christmas ones I could find were in the playdough. For family night last night, we made Christmas cookies and decorated them. Here are some photos from the evening.

The kids had a great time, and Phil and I loved eating the cookies. They taste like the grandma's pink frosted cookies you can buy in Utah. THANK YOU HEIDI!

The finished products: (some of them)



Jackson has already decided we need to make more cookies for Santa to have on Christmas Eve. (Usually we just leave out berry rolls, but this year we will be leaving cookies and rolls I have been told!)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It was fun to see your comment on our blog. It looks like you have a lot more snow there than we do here! I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your yard. I would love to see some of your house. We hope you guys have a Merry Christmas too!

The Modern Daisy said...

Looks like you guys are doing good! I'm excited that the kids in your ward were so inviting to Mady and Jake. That's so important. How's Gabe doing? I hope better. We miss you guys and hope you are having fun!