Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pictures

I know I promised pictures of the house, but I haven't taken any outdoor ones yet, and the indoor ones are from before we moved in. Trust me, you don't want to see them!
But I did snap a few photos of our yard this morning after the massive snowstorm! Of course, I did it from the safety of the doorway, so they aren't complete pictures of the yard, but hopefully you will get an idea of what our area looks like!

This is our driveway (off to the right). It was taken from the front door. The fence is the front of our yard, separating us from the street.



These two are the backyard. This is taken from the kitchen door out to the deck. The deck is the full side of the house, and extends at least double the railing you see here. This is the top of the hill the boys have already gone sledding on.

This is out the garage door. It is the bottom of the hill. The trees are lining the creek. It goes all the way across the back yard and curves up the side, following close to the property line to the street.

Looking out this morning brought two things to mind: "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" and a poem I memorized in high school, Walking Through Woods on a Snowy Evening.
Just a random thought I would throw out there!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I have been a horrible blogger lately! I haven't checked them in awhile. I have loved catching up on all of your new adventures, though! I am so sorry that you had to clean up after apparently very "piggy" people....that is the worst. I can't even imagine. You just want rubber gloves to your elbows, golloshes, and buckets of lysol and bleach. YUCK. Your view from your front door and deck are absolutely breathtaking. I can't wait to see it in the spring and summer. I loved Jackson's story about Santa bringing you a cold rather than coal. I am still chuckling about that. Your pictures are wonderful. Keep them coming. I drive past your "old" house and am sad. We miss you! Glad things are going so well. It sounds like you are surrounded by wonderful people. Have the merriest Christmas ever! Love you guys!

Chance's Mom said...

It looks lovely! My boys would so love to be there sledding with your boys!
Can you hear the gurgle of the water? That is the best.