Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Jaker-Baker!

So I am a little late posting, because we made it to Sharon and Rob's (my sister and brother-in-law who live in Douglassville PA). After another long day of driving, we stayed up til 3:30 a.m. talking. Needless to say, we are still exhausted!

But yesterday was Jake's 12th birthday, which is a big deal. I still remember laying on the hospital bed at UVRMC waiting for him to come. He has grown up so much! Especially in the last year. For a couple years when he was little, he went by "Jaker-Baker", and even though he won't let us call him that now, I feel like as Mom I have the privilege to go back to those sweet days every now and again.

Jake is amazingly smart. He has such a tender heart. He is go-go-go all the time. All boy. Intrigued by guns, hunting, fishing, camping. Dying to get involved in scouts and go on campouts. Thinks his Dad is amazing, but would never admit that.
Jake is so sweet with his little cousins. He is just a great kid, and I am so thankful to have him as part of our family.

So happy birthday, Jake. Hope this year is all you want it to be.

1 comment:

The Modern Daisy said...

Happy Birthday Jake! I hope you had fun.