Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jackson is Six!

So for Jackson's birthday, he wanted a soccer ball cake. Unfortunately, I don't have a dome pan or oven safe bowl. So I improvised. Hopefully you can tell that's what it is. (When it all came down to it, he didn't care, he liked the m&m's all over it!)

Being that his birthday was on a Monday night, we were invited by a couple in the ward for family night. All their kids are grown and gone, and they have a pond, a huge tree house, and a fire pit in the backyard. I told them it was Jackson's birthday, and they said tell him to come fishing for his birthday. That did it for him. He was thrilled at the prospect of fishing, and everything else.
All four kids had a great time. The sunfish were biting, and they all caught at least one. Jackson and Gabe played in the treehouse, and the kids all roasted marshmallows. Phil and I enjoyed visiting with Jerry and Janie. It was an enjoyable evening, and a fun way to spend Jackson's birthday.



On Friday, we let Jackson do his "fire pit birthday party". He invited over two boys from the ward, and the two kids that live on our street. The little boys had a blast running around the house. We had hotdogs and made smores. (Okay, so they roasted marshmallows and lit them on fire).



He got his first big nerf gun and his teacher made him this adorable crown.
I can't believe my baby is six! He is growing up so fast, and I'm starting to understand what people mean when they tell you you're going to miss this. I won't miss the diaper changing, or the sleepless nights, but the funny little comments, sweet smiles and hugs and I love yous I will miss. He has already told me not to blow him a kiss on the bus, because that embarasses him, but for now he at least will give me a hug before he goes. I'll take what I can get it gratefully, knowing he is my last little one.
Love you Jack-Jack! Thanks for always making us laugh!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It was fun seeing what you guys have been up to! The soccer ball cake looks great! I will have to use the "Y" cake idea!