Wednesday, April 16, 2008


Spring Break!



You gotta love it. Well, I do anyway. Sleeping in, cleaning my house, and no guilt at night for not grading math papers! There is a down side though. If the kids aren't busy, the brother-sister (or brother-brother more likely) love really starts shining through. (Did we fight like that, Mom? I'm sure I wasn't a part of it!!!)

Anyhow, so yesterday we decided to make a day of it. We took the kids out to lunch at Bamboo Hut (I think we're ready for another Hawaii trip), and they actually did pretty good. From there, we went to the Bean Museum at BYU. (Free entertainment!) They had set up a quiz from the displays of the animals. Jackson kept grabbing my hand and saying, "Mom, look at this!" Gabe was trying to keep up with Mady on the quiz. Jake was always 10 steps ahead of everyone else, and Mady wouldn't leave a display until she had the answers she needed. I'm glad Phil was with us!!!
From there, we decided to challenge the kids to a round of miniature golf at Trafalga (indoors, of course, as the temperature dropped from 80+ yesterday to 59 when we entered Trafalga, and 41 and snowing by the time we came out!)

Jackson shocked us with a couple of great putts! (Tiger Woods, look out!) It was fun, but there's a reason we don't do that on a weekly basis (and I'm not even talking about the financial aspect!) Amazingly, no major arguments, except for who gets to go first. Of course, the parents won, and the kids are responsible for all the dishes for the rest of the week! (Does that lead to more of those friendly feelings between the kids?)

By the time we got home, Phil and I were both ready for naps.

(It's Phil's job to add the photos, as I am completely illiterate with this stuff still)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! Family time is the best!

Emma said...

Sounds like fun. The Bean museum huh? I'll have to check that out. Is the Bamboo Hut good stuff?