Thursday, April 24, 2008

When is enough, enough?

I am going to rant a little here and don't mean to offend any with this.

Are there personality types that you find difficult to deal with? Well, in my humanly completely flawed way I do.

I have never been fond of thieves, well, because they steal my things.

And I have never really gotten along with those people who lie. Because? Well, you never know if what they are saying is true.

Then there are those people who cheat and I guess you can place them in the same category as the liars, but for some reason cheating has become accepted.

However, above all, the one trait that I find the hardest to tolerate are those who take no personal responsibility for the actions they have taken. Let me give a few examples:

- Those people who drink and drive with no consideration for others that they may harm.
- Those who speak ill of others and then deny that they ever said anything.
- Those who, when bad things happen blame others for their misfortune.

I guess what I am saying is that there are consequences for actions that one takes. That maybe we should think what the outcome is before we act. That we should own up to things that we have done. That when things go wrong, that we should look in the mirror first and ask, "Is there something that I could have done differently?"

It's good that we have an Atonement to help us right those things that we have wronged and help us when we have been wronged!

4 comments:

Emma said...

AMEN!
What set you off? Never mind - you probably shouldn't answer that.

Tiercy said...

My very favorite teacher in high school always said, "You need to take accountability for your actions." I've always remembered it. Now, I will always say, "I had a Bishop that said..." thanks.

Kelly said...

Thank you.

Kelly said...

Kelly...(looking in mirror)...what can I do differently? Maybe my hair color? Not so much makeup? Use Nair?